Rangers…The much awaited long weekend is here. Lets roar in the mighty Sahyadris Range !! Crossing Samraj-sandhan vally village,Tryambak darvaja ascend to Ratangad.,Katrabai Pass, Kaladgad, and finally Reaching to Harishchandragad.
Ratangad has a natural rock peak with a cavity in it at the top which is called 'Nedhe' or 'Eye of the Needle'. The fort has four gates Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan and Trimbak. It also has many wells on the top. Ratangad was captured by Chhatrapati Shivaji Raje Bhosle. The base village Ratanwadi has an Amruteshwar temple which is famous for its carvings. The fort is origin for the river Pravara/Amrutvahini. The Bhandardara dam (arthar dam) is built on this river.
Katrabai pass is passage between Ratangad and Harishchandragad. From here we can spot an excellent 360° Panoramic view of the surroundings.
Kaladgad fort is located between the right angle of well spread Harishchandragad Hill in Dist Ahmednagar. This fort is located south of Pethechi Wadi village. Many call it Shiva Lingam and Nandi combo, as it looked like that.
About Harishchandra gad
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty. The citadel was built during this era. The various caves probably have been carved out in the 11th century. In these caves are idols of Lord Vishnu. Though the cliffs are named Taramati and Rohidas, they are not related to Ayodhya. Great sage Changdev (one who created the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in the 14th century. The caves are from the same period. The various constructions on the fort and those existing the surrounding region point to the existence of diverse cultures here. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747.
Saturday, 30th Sept 2017
- Reach Kalyan by 01.00 am taking a express train from Pune or a local from Lonavala. Start the journey with Last Local to kasara which reaches Kalyan at 01.41 hrs and drop us to Kasara around 03.00 Hrs
- Move to Samraj Village
- Have Some Rest.Post Breakfast Start Trek Via Sandhan Valley Route which is known as valley of shadows
- Ascend Ratangad via Tryambak Darvaja (lunch in betweeen)
- Reach Ratangad.Explore the fort & Stay for the Day
Sunday, 01st Oct 2017 – Head to Katrabai Pass
- Early morning wake up call.
- Post Breakfast start our trail to Katrabai Pass
- Reach Pethechi wadi / Kaladgad (lunch Here)
- Kaladgad Exploration
- Post Dinner Retire For The day
Monday, 02nd Oct 2017 – Proceed to Harishchandragad
- Morning Call
- Post Breakfast proceed to Pachnai
- Ascending on Harishchandragad
- Explore the Beauty Of the fort
- Reach Pachnai, Post lunch transfer to Kasara by pvt. Vehicle
- Reach Kasara (Group Breaks here)
Things to be carried: -
- Identification Proof
- Water Bottle (2 Lt)
- Spare set of clothes
- Shoes and torch are mandatory
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Ready to eat Food
- sleeping Bags/ Mats
- Camera at owners risk.
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
· Private Transport Kasara to Samraj & Pachnai to Kasara
· Breakfast / lunch and Dinner During Trek
· accommodation in Tents
· First aid
· Wild Rangers administrative charges
· Anything which is not mentioned above.
· Any kind of expenses of personal nature
Trek Fees INR 2500.00 Per Person
Registration & Payment Details:
Registration and Payment Details: For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along with alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and transfer payment of INR 2500.00 in the account details mentioned below.
For Further information & Registration Call :
ROSHAN DALVI :- 9028271859 / 8007857825
MAYYUR PHADALE :- 8080304123
For Online Fund Transfer:
A/C Name:- Mayur Phadale
A/C Number:- 643801505651
IFSC Code:- ICIC0006438
MICR Code:- 400229080
Branch:- ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Cancellation and Refund:
1. If done prior to 5 days of outing 50% will be refunded
2. After that no refund will be provided.
All our events are Eco-friendly; kindly take care of nature around us. Respect the Heritage & do Not Litter. Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins. The Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
WILD RANGERS is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of WILD RANGERS in connection with the WILD RANGERS, including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of the WILD RANGERS or in any activity in which participants are invited to participate.
Team Wild Rangers
GO WILD…GO GREEN
To know about our upcoming events visit our website at: www.wildrangers.in
For event details click on the below link:
Visit our facebook page on https://www.facebook.com/wildrangersindia/?fref=ts
Join Wild Rangers Members Group on https://www.facebook.com/groups/wildrangers/
Be A Ranger ! GO WILD !! GO GREEN !!