A two day trek to 2 of the most prestigious forts in the history of Maratha Empire.
Rajgad, the royal fort of Maharasthra was the first capital of the Maratha Empire during the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years, after which he moved the capital to Raigad Fort. The diameter of the fort at the base is 40 km making it difficult for anybody to lay siege to it, adding to its strategic value.
Highest Elevation: 1374m, Grade: Moderate.
Torna is one of the highest hill forts in Maharasthra & moderately tough to climb. The original name of the fort was Prachandagad which translates to the ‘Massive Fort’ was built in 13th century. The new name was given by Shri Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaja after conquering it in 1643. At the top there are many areas of exploration including battle fortifications, ancient fort walls that have crumpled down.
Highest Elevation: 1405m, Grade: Moderate - Difficult.
• Most sought after trek in Maharasthra.
• Trek to historical Rajgad fort & torna.
• View of the fascinating points by spending the weekend on the mountains.
• Camping at Padmavati Machi -
• Enjoy the view of the two famous forts of Maharashtra.
• Most sought after trek in Maharasthra.
• View of the fascinating points of Rajgad to Torna trail.
• Camping in tents at Rajagad.
• Start from Dadar at 11:00 p.m. by a private bus with pickup points at Chembur, Vashi, Panvel.
• Reach Rajgad village by 5:30 a.m.
• Fresh up & breakfast at base village - 30 minutes.
• Event briefing - 15 minutes.
• Ascend trek to Rajgad (3 hours approx).
• Reach Rajgad fort & Explore fort (3 hours approx).
• Lunch break 1:00 p.m (1 hour).
• Explore Suvela machi, kaleshwari, muruj along with evening sunset view (3 hours approx).
• Set up the campsite with tents, campfire etc(30 minutes).
• Dinner break (1 hour).
• Hangout at the campfire with stories, experiences, songs etc.
• Wake up call - 5:00 a.m.
• Fresh up & breakfast - 30 min.
• Descend from Rajgad and trek towards Budhla machi of Torna (6 hours approx).
• ReachTorna & Lunch break (1 hour).
• Descend towards Velhe village (3 hours approx).
• Return journey from base village to Mumbai - 4:00 p.m (5 hours approx).
• Bid adieu to the event and share the captures, memories later through whatsapp group.
INR 1900 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai/ Pune - Gunjavne - Velhe- Mumbai/ Pune by private bus (450 k.m. approx), Breakfast, Lunch, dinner, tenting on DAY1 & breakfast, lunch on DAY2, miscellaneous.
If we incur extra expenses it will be shared accordingly
How to Register:
Step -1: Go through the following online payment: http://go.eventshigh.com/rajgadtorna
Step-2: After payment you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if participant is not available in WhatsApp.
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes /outdoor boots/ sports shoes/ sandals with good grip.
• Comfortable clothes (avoid jeans, casuals, trousers).
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 3 liters of water.
• Sleeping bag or blankets for bedding.
• Dry fruits, ready to eat food, chocolates, snacks.
• A small plastic bag for keeping mobile, wallet and camera.
• toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
• Spare set of clothes.
• Camera to capture beautiful sceneries.
• Don't wear jewelry items and expensive accessories.
• Strictly no littering, carry extra bag for non biodegradable(plastic) wastage.
• Personal medicines if any.
• ID Proof is mandatory.
• optimistic mind and be a good team player :)
Instructions (Mandatory to read before RSVP to the event!!):
• participants should bring an ID Card for their own safety.
• After online payment participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details else will be asked to refill by the event host.
• Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point on the said time.
• Below 18 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
• Participants will be notified in prior when itinerary is modified/ event get cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, organizer have rights to withdraw/ retreat.
• Participants should pay for the expenses that's not mentioned in the expenses.
• Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings haven't mentioned except in the event start and end time.
• Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption .
• Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.). We commit to keep our events clean.
• Washroom facility is available at Gunjavane base village and inadequate throughout the event.
• Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
• Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
• Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
• We rely on third party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and feasible, It also includes the convenience fee along with the main event fee which will be shown at check out that should be borne by the participant.
• No group discount is applicable.
• If participant cancel their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid.
• No refund will be provided if participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.
Ramblers FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ramblersindia/
Ramblers IG handle: https://www.instagram.com/ramblersindia/